Bad Luck Day at Shining Time Station is the twelfth episode of the third season.
It is Friday the 13th and Schemer encourages Schemee to sell fake good luck charms he made, such as vinyl horseshoes, plastic four-leaf clovers, and rabbit's feet made from a wool coat. However, Schemee takes his uncle's technique of scaring people into buying them a bit too far.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Thomas as Billy Twofeathers
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Olga Marin as DiDi
- Peter Baird as Grace Bass
- Alan Semok as Tex
- Kenny Miele as Grace Bass
- Edward (mentioned)
- Henry (mentioned)
- Gordon (mentioned)
- James (mentioned)
- Percy (mentioned)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
Jukebox Band Song Segment
- Engine 143
- Kara does not appear in this episode.
- Billy Twofeathers' act of throwing salt over his left shoulder refers to a superstition that throwing salt over your left shoulder can ward off the Devil who supposedly lurks there.
- Schemer claiming Helga Boonswaddle to be a phony due to her outfit possibly references to the episode "Fortune Teller Schemer," which Schemer himself wore a similar outfit to convince people he had mystical abilities.
- The title of the episode is a reference to "Bad Day at Black Rock", a 1955 motion picture starring Spencer Tracy as a war veteran confronting racial bigotry.
- In the song Engine 143, during the feature railroad stock footage outside The Strasburg Railroad was featured in this song while using two steam engines that operate on the railroad. The Strasburg Railroad also appears in Mr. Conductor's Evil Twin and Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- In the Nick Jr. version, the scene with the little boys teasing Gordon in the Thomas Story, Gordon Takes a Dip was edited out.
- Mr. Conductor tells Gordon Takes a Dip to Dan and Becky in this episode.