Bad Luck Day at Shining Time Station is the twelfth episode of the third season.
It is Friday the 13th and Schemer encourages Schemee to sell fake good luck charms he made, such as vinyl horseshoes, plastic four-leaf clovers, and rabbit's feet made from a wool coat. However, Schemee takes his uncle's technique of scaring people into buying them a bit too far.
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Thomas as Billy Twofeathers
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Olga Marin as DiDi
- Peter Baird as Grace Bass
- Alan Semok as Tex
- Kenny Miele as Grace Bass
- Engine 143
- In the song Engine 143, during the feature railroad stock footage outside The Strasburg Railroad was featured in this song while using two steam engines that operate on the railroad. The Strasburg Railroad also appears in Mr. Conductor's Evil Twin and Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- In the Nick Jr. version, the scene with the little boys teasing Gordon in "Gordon Takes a Dip" was edited out.