|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the VHS.|
Becky Makes a Wish is the third season premiere.
J. B. King is coming to the station to inspect all the clocks and watches. Meanwhile, Mr. Conductor was cleaning the wishes out of the town wishing well and putting them in a bag with a wishing star. When Mr. Conductor vanishes suddenly to avoid being seen by Schemer, he leaves the wishing star behind. Schemer opens the bag and sees the star fly out, but thinks it's a firefly. Stacy suddenly comes rushing over to check Schemer's watch and Schemer wishes that Stacy and he could switch brains for one day so that she could see what his life was like. The wishing star zips by and the wish comes true. Schemer and Stacy start acting like one another, while Becky tries to find the runaway wishing star.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Alan Semok as Tex
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace the Bass
- Kenny Miele as Grace the Bass
- Duck (mentioned)
- During his work at the Harbour, Duck discovers the regatta and wishes that he could sail to far away lands beyond the sea. Percy tries to convince him out of his desires, until Harold arrives carrying a man from the regatta with an injured man. Duck is asked to take him to meet Bertie to reach the hospital. He does so with ease and speed, and afterward, though he still wonders about the sea, Duck feels happier about being a steam engine.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Cielito Lindo
Cartoons and Songs
- Help Your Wish Along
- Color Classics - Somewhere in Dreamland (1934)
- Color Classics - Bunny Mooning (1937)
- Little Audrey - Butterscotch and Soda (1948)
- The Magic Horse (1949)
- MGM - Doggone Tired (1949)
- This is the second time Schemer wears Stacy's station-manager cap.
- This is the first episode in which we see Stacy in a wig.
- After a season of getting credited with the guest cast and semi-regulars, "Danielle Marcot as Becky" is finally listed during the opening titles later airings of season 2 followed.
- At one point, Mayor Flopdinger says "Ask not for what I can for you, but rather, what you can do for me." The line is similar to John F. Kennedy's famous phrase from whom he was elected president: "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what can do for your country!"
- This is the first and only episode where Schemer can be seen without his signature hair curl when he switches personalities with Stacy.