Do I Hear? is the eighteenth episode of the second season.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace Bass
- Kenny Miele as Grace Bass
- Alan Semok as Tex
A new diesel named Mavis makes things frustrating for Toby when she puts his freight cars in random places. She doesn't follow his advice very well, and get stuck at a level crossing where the rails are slippery and a slop gives the freight cars a chance to hold her back.
Following her mishap with freight cars, Mavis is forced to put the freight cars where Toby wants them and no where else. She makes a plan to have the cars push her past another level crossing and ask them to do so, but Toby collects the freight cars instead, and they not only push him past the crossing, but also on a bridge that is about to collapse. Will Mavis rescue Toby?
- Freight Cars
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Bertie (cameo)
- Terence (cameo)
- Farmer Finney (cameo)
- Jem Cole (cameo)
- Ffarquhar Quarry Manager (mentioned)
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- The Riddle Song
Cartoons and Songs
- In the Fox Family and Nick Jr. versions, the story Toby's Tightrope is cut out.
- Oddly, this episode lacks a question mark in its title, although the previous episode does have one in its title.
- This episode of Shining Time Station aired on Christmas Day, despite not being a Christmas-themed episode.
- Several of Elvis Presley's songs were referenced in this episode: Suspicious Minds, All Shook Up, Don't Be Cruel, and Blue Suede Shoes.