Field Day is the eighth episode of the second season.
The kids are part of a baseball team and Schemer is their coach, hence they are known as the Schemer Team since Schemer paid for the uniforms. Schemer sends Schemee to spy on the opposing team, the Snarleyville Slashers.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Tex
- Peter Baird as Grace
- Kenny Miele as Grace
- Alan Semok as Rex
Percy meets Harold the helicopter who thinks railways are slow and out of date. Percy is cross at this and hopes for a chance to prove Harold wrong. He soon finds his chance by racing him from the quarry to the harbor and wins when Harold is unable to find a place to land.
Thomas meets a bus named Bertie. Bertie is helping Thomas with his passengers but Thomas doesn’t want his help. Thomas claims he is faster and Bertie challenges him to a race. At first Bertie seems to have the upper hand, but once Thomas reaches his top speed, Bertie is left in the dust. Both become friends after the race.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game
Cartoons and Songs
- Everyone's A Winner
- Cartoons used in the song:
Kara: I'm glad, Percy won.
Mr. Conductor: After the race, Thomas and Bertie became even faster friends. Get it?
- Both Thomas stories involve an engine racing a non-rail character.
- Starting with this episode and for the rest of the second season, Ari Magder's and Brian O'Connor's credits are rearranged to be in alphabetical order with the other cast members for the opening credits.
- The Thomas stories are listed in reverse order in the end credits.