Matt and Tanya are building a tower. Matt accidentally knocks it down, much to Tanya's dismay. Harry gets a call alerting him a train will be late and changes the schedule to accomodate this. He then goes to work out on the platform. He gives the kids a note to give to Stacy if he isn't back when she comes. Stacy arrives and just as Matt is about to give her the note an acrobatic group comes in and gives them a performace. After they leave, Stacy notices the schedule is changed, so she changes it back to the incorrect time. Unfortunately, the kids forget about the note. A passenegr comes in and sees the incorrect sign and thinks she missed her train, when she actually didn't. Dismayed, she leaves. Harry, Schemer, and Stacy come in and the kids tell them about the woman. Harry tells Stacy about the change and that he left her a note. After replying that she didn't get a note, the kids feel bad after they forgot about it. She goes to find the unhappy passenger and Schemer criticizes them. Mr. Conductor arrives and he tells them that Henry had his fair share of problems. After, he suggest they can make rhymes for Stacy to cheer her up. When she comes back, they do indeed cheer her up. They try it out on Schemer. Schemer says that to make a rhyme is a waste of time. He catches himself, but says two more rhymes. He goes over to put a nickel in the jukebox. The band is sleeping and Schemer is very impatient. He goes off to get tools to fix it. The kids tell Harry this, who says that Schemer needs to learn patience. He says that no patience is how most accidents start. Later, Mr. Conductor is fixing his roof when he falls off the ladder. The kids ask if he's alright, but he says everyone has acidents, including Henry. Stacy tells Matt and Tanya a poem she wrote for them. Tanya accidentally spills ink on it, but Stacy folds it in half and opens it up again to show them an ink picture. The passenger comes back and Stacy apologizes for the inncorrect sign. Matt tries to carry her bag to the platform when everything spills out. Stacy sees the invitation and tells her the date is one day later than she thought, which means she didn't miss her train. Stacy says that some accidents can be very happy.
Cast and Characters
- Ringo Starr as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Leonard Jackson as Harry Cupper
- Nicole Leach as Tanya Cupper
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
- Jason Woliner as Matthew Jones
- Peter Baird as Grace Bass
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Olga Marin as DiDi
- Alan Semok as Grace Bass
- Vaneese Thomas as Grace Bass
- Wayne White as Tex
- Susan Greenhill as the Passenger
- Karen Gersch and Barbara Rhind as the Acrobats
- Henry is sick and never has enough steam to pull trains. He is worried he will be sent away and replaced. It turns out his firebox is too small to handle the regular coal on hand. So Sir Topham Hat gets special Welsh coal for Henry.
- Henry pulls a special train from the harbor called, “The Flying Kipper” because it’s full of fish. They couldn’t have known that along the way a switch had been frozen and a signal that should have been set to danger forced down by the snow. The faulty switch sends Henry into disaster. Sir Topham Hat sends Henry to Crewe for a new shape and a larger firebox.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- The Wreck of Old 97
- The clips used when Harry tells the story of railroad are from "The General" starring Buster Keaton.
- Mr. Conductor starts the first story with a cup of tea.