How the Station Got Its Name is the twenty-fifth and final episode of the third season of the series.
Kara, Becky, and Mr. Conductor go back in time to get a missing part for a lantern. They meet the grandparents of Stacy, Schemer, Billy, and Mr. King and end up learning how Shining Time Station got its name.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones and Gracie Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers and William Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Jebediah Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace
- Kenny Miele as Grace
- Alan Semok as Tex
While Sir Topham Hatt was on Holiday he met a nice tram engine named Toby. His grand kids had a lot of fun riding around in his coach Henrietta. They are Henrietta’s first passengers in a long time because Toby has all but been put out of business by the trucks. Eventually Toby’s railway had to close. Fortunately for Toby, Sir Topham Hatt has plans for him.
Thomas gets in trouble with a new policeman. He is labeled a regular law breaker for running near public roads without side plates and a cow catcher. Thomas is afraid the others will laugh at him for wearing such. Sir Topham Hatt gets the idea to bring Toby to his railway, since Toby is a tram engine that does have side plates and a cow catcher. Toby brings Henrietta to their new home, and now works with Thomas on his branch line.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Cowboy Medley
- This is the first time The Jukebox Band's grandparents are seen, albeit living in a player piano instead of a jukebox. However, they look exactly like their grandchildren.
- This was the final regular half-hour episode of Shining Time Station. The show would later return in 1995 for a quartet of hour-long specials.
- This was also the final episode to air on Channel 2 in New Zealand.
- Although that Kara and Becky ask Mr. Conductor about what the stout gentleman's important letter said, it is never revealed once again.
- Possibly for time reasons, the first shot of "Toby the Tram Engine" was cut.
- This is the last episode in which Stacy wears a wig.
- During the Cowboy Medley, Sheriff Jack Rabbit comes to Rex and Tex and says some quotes, the last one being The whole world is a birthday cake, so take a piece but not too much. This is a reference to The Beatles song, "It's All Too Much."