Is Anybody There? is the seventeenth episode of the second season.
Schemer does a radio show, but is totally unprepared.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Tex
- Peter Baird as Grace
- Kenny Miele as Grace
- Alan Semok as Rex
- The water pump at the station by the river was out of order. So Thomas' driver took him to the river to get water. Soon after Thomas felt like he was going to burst. Much to everyone’s surprise, the engine inspector found fish to be the culprit in Thomas’s water tank.
- Percy wants a scarf around his funnel to keep him warm, but soon changes his mind after he accidentally wrecks the baggage trolley and cause Sir Topham Hatt's trousers to be wrapped around his funnel.
- Sir Topham Hatt
- Engine Inspector
- Annie and Clarabel (do not speak)
- Lady Hatt (not named; does not speak)
- Jeremiah Jobling (cameo)
- Farmer Trotter (cameo)
- The New Signalman (cameo)
- The Firelighter (mentioned)
Jukebox Band Song Segment
- Chattanooga Choo-Choo
Cartoons and Songs
- George Pal's Puppetoons - The Big Broadcast of '38 (1937)
- This is the second episode where the jukebox gets overflowed with nickels. The first time was in Double Trouble.
- It is revealed that Mayor Flopdinger has a wife named Twilene.
- In the Fox Family version and Nick Jr. version, the story Thomas Goes Fishing is cut out.
- Both Thomas stories involve an engine wanting something but got something else instead.
- This is the third time the episode's title asks a question, with the first being Does It Bite? and the second being Is This the End?.
- Oddly, the next episode Do I Hear, lacks a question mark in its title.
- The Thomas stories are listed in reverse order in the end credits.
- This is the only episode to be written by Peter Wildman.
- Thomas Goes Fishing was mistakenly dated 1986 in the end credits when the episode was made in 1984.