The kids and Schemer enter a slogan contest. Schemer thinks that the prize for the winner is cash, so he plans to buy the station and build a parking lot.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Tex
- Peter Baird as Grace
- Kenny Miele as Grace
- Alan Semok as Rex
Toby has a hard time getting water thanks to an inexperienced signal man, and soon runs out in the middle of the main line. James, who is substituting for Gordon as the express engine, is forced to help him.
Thomas learns how foolish freight cars are the hard way.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- City of New Orleans
- This is the first and only time a Jukebox Band song is played during the closing credits instead of the original outro music.
- In the Fox Family version, Trouble For Thomas is edited out.
- This is the first time someone (J.B. King in particular) mentions all the names of the Jukebox Band members.
- This episode features several instances where Schemer and Schemee shake their belt change makers for emphasis after making what they believe is a brilliant point.
- Mr. Conductor tells both stories to Dan, Becky and Kara in this episode.