Mr. Conductor accidentally sneezes sleepy sand in his eyes and sleepwalks. Now he can't spread his sleepy sand to help everyone in Indian Valley sleep.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace Bass
- Kenny Miele as Grace Bass
- Alan Semok as Tex
The viaduct on the main line is being repaired, causing delays for the big engines that are supposed to meet up with Thomas, who is irritated with them running late. As a result, Thomas also leaves Bertie waiting for his passengers and Thomas is even more frustrated when Bertie teases him about being late. However, Bertie breaks down and asks Thomas to take his passengers, to which the latter agrees. Thomas soon learns that being late isn't as bad as it seems sometimes.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Beautiful Dreamer
Cartoons and Songs
- When Mr. Conductor was talking in his sleep, he was telling his own Thomas stories.
- Possibly for time reasons, the ending of Better Late Than Never was cut short.
- Footage of 7002 was used from Strasburg Steam.
- When Schemer puts the nickel in the jukebox, it is shown to have a kiss mark as Schemer kissed it before putting it in. This leads us to believe Schemer was wearing lipstick that day.
- In the Fox Family and Nick Jr. versions, the song Dreamland was cut out, along with sections from "Better Late Than Never".
- George Carlin's lines as Henry and Edward (for the second time) cross the viaduct quickly cut to Thomas arguing with Henry at the junction.
- The line, "With a last cheerful greeting, the two friends went back to work" was also cut.