Billy and the kids are outside listening to Stacy's speech on freedom. Meanwhile, Schemer and Schemee go on a secret mission and turn the station upside down to look for gold. Schemee vacuums up Mr. Conductor's magic dust and he cannot disappear anymore.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Alan Semok as Tex
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace the Bass
- Kenny Miele as Grace the Bass
- Oliver (mentioned)
Jukebox Band Segment Songs
- New River Train [with Tubby and his Totally Tubular Band]
- Patriotic Medley with four Independence Day songs
- Yankee Doodle [performed by Didi]
- Dixie [performed by Tex & Rex]
- I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy [performed by Tito]
- America the Beautiful [performed by Grace and the Jukebox Band]
- John Henry (replacing the Patriotic Medley only in some international airings)
- This is the first time a member of the Conductor Family (Mr. Conductor) runs out of gold dust. The only other times were in One of the Family and Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
- At the end of this episode, when Stacy finished her speech of freedom, an instrumental version of My Country 'Tis of Thee, the de-facto national anthem of the United States, plays and uses the same tune as God Save the Queen, the British national anthem, which would also play instrumentally at the end of the Thomas & Friends episode, Paint Pots and Queens/Thomas Meets the Queen (as a different composition).
- This was the last episode to have one appearance of a Thomas story before some Season 1 stories were repeated (re-narrated by George Carlin), starting with the next episode, Stacy Forgets Her Name.