Mr. Conductor's Movie is the sixteenth episode in the third season.
When a movie producer arrives, everyone gets excited and wants to become part of the film. They all go and get costumes hoping to be part of the movie.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace Bass
- Kenny Miele as Grace Bass
- Alan Semok as Tex
- Mart Hulswit as J.B. King
- Bobo Lewis as Midge Smoot
- Aurelio Padron as Felix Perez
- Sam Malkin as Barry Prince
- Gordon grumbles about the constant stops he has to make to fill up on coal and water. One day, he sees a special engine in the yard with two tenders. Gordon reckons he ought to be granted another tender to save his time and pride, until Diesel claims that he doesn’t need tenders to feel important, given the fact that Diesel engines are taking over anyway. Gordon is upset but Sir Topham Hatt makes him feel better, promising that diesels will never overrun Sodor and explaining that the visitor needs two tenders because the Other Railway has hardly any coal or water. Even so, Henry begins to complain for another tender too. So Duck tricks Henry into giving him six tenders, which all turn out to be old, filthy, and full of boiler sludge
- Several movies were referenced in this episode. Here is a list of them in order:
- Annie - Midge Smoot claims that she once tried out for the part of Miss Hannigan, then quotes "Why any kid would want to be an orphan is beyond me."
- The Wizard of Oz - Felix delivers a line as the Tin Man. Mr. Conductor also reveals that this is his favorite movie saying his favorite scene is where the Munchkins meet Dorothy. Kara also dresses as Dorothy.
- You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown - When Felix delivers his line as Linus from the Peanuts special, his cry of "Lucy!" is reminiscent of the way Ricky Ricardo used to call for his wife in the classic "I Love Lucy" TV show. Actor Aurelio Padron lived in Cuba for a period during his childhood.
- Cinderella - Stacy and the kids rehearse the invitation to the ball. Becky also dresses as the titular princess.
- Flying Down to Rio - Midge Smoot says he wore her costume 50 years ago in this film as Carmen Con Gusto, although the film featured no such character.
- Superman - Schemer wears a costume similar to that of the DC superhero.
- Sudden Impact - Billy does an impersonation of Dirty Harry saying, "Go ahead, make my day."
- Peter Pan - Felix later returns dressed as Captain Hook.
- Schemer lists a few star names: John Wayne, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Big Bird (from Sesame Street) until he reaches his own name.
- A clip from this episode is used at the "Thomas & Friends Explore the Rails Traveling Exhibit" in 2017 and 2018.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- There's No Business Like Show Business