Dan and Kara pretend to have jobs and tell Becky that she can have a party in the station. This causes them to run into trouble with Mr. King.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace Bass
- Kenny Miele as Grace Bass
- Alan Semok as Tex
- Duck (mentioned)
- Edward (mentioned)
- Sir Topham Hatt (mentioned)
- Diesel (mentioned)
- James (mentioned)
Diesel, thinking Duck was responsible for the Freight Cars laughing at him, spreads rumors about him giving cruel nicknames to the big engines.
James tricks Thomas into thinking he was supposed to take the express, but ends up getting in trouble for it.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Mama Don't Allow
- In the Fox Family version, some scenes have been noticeably cut down or omitted all together:
- The Jukebox Band segment was edited out completely.
- Mr. Conductor's explanation of what happened to Duck after the story was trimmed down.
- No Joke For James was omitted.
- The scenes of Dan apologizing to Stacy and Kara apologizing to Billy were edited.
- This episode reveals that there's a "Shining Time Community Theater" in town.
- Mr. Conductor reveals another Indian Valley landmark: Swan Lake.
- The camera angles used for the Jukebox Puppet Band performance in this episode are interesting as they give the viewer the perspective of looking at performers on an elevated stage.
- The episode's title is often mistakenly attributed as being a line by Shakespeare. The line was actually written by Sir Walter Scott in 1808 for the poem Marmion. The relevant lines from the poem reads "Oh what a tangled web we weave; When first we practice to deceive".
- This is the first appearance of Aurelio Padron as Felix Perez, owner and operator of the Perez Pronto Bus Company.
- The Northern Star from 'Tis A Gift makes a return appearance but except Billy mentioned it as the "Highball Express".
- When Dan receives a call from J.B. King, the voice heard on the other end is actually sped-up audio from a scene with Stacy and Harry from Promises, Promises.
- This is the first episode where Mr. Conductor is onscreen with Schemer, albeit while Schemer is asleep.
- Aurelio Padron joins the cast.
- Both Thomas stories involve an engine playing tricks on others.
- Mr. Conductor tells both stories to Dan and Kara in this episode.