Shining Time Drive-In Theater is a drive-in theater near the station. It is only seen on most of the VHS releases. It is based on a typical 1950s drive-in movie theater and features commercials before the episode begins. Then, the feature presentation card is shown when an episode is about to start. After the episode is shown, the theater shows a short from Schemer Presents! Afterwards, the narrator wishes everyone a safe drive home. The drive-in segments were taken from the 1984 short film "Easy Living" by Chip Lord and Mickey McGowan.
- The Drive-In is apparently located one mile past Barton Winslow's General Store and directly across the road from Ginny's Apple Orchard, which would mean that Farmer's Dell and Shining Time border each other.
- The same drive-in segments were also used in the episode Stop the Press prior to the home videos.
- The only home videos that do not have these segments are Singsongs, Schemer Presents: The World According to Me!, The Jukebox Band: A Day in the Life, The Jukebox Band: Lullaby, Sweet and Sour and 'Tis A Gift.
- The narrator's dialogue in the beginning is different depending on whether Billy Twofeathers appears in the featured episode or not.
Commercials featured on the VHS tapes
Sometimes before an episode begins there would be an advertisement added in by mostly some of the Shining Time cast.
- Schemer's Arcade [Featured in Stacy Cleans Up and Bully for Mr. Conductor]
- Ginny's Apples of Farmer's Dell [Featured in Schemer Alone and Schemer's Special Club]
- Barton Winslow's General Store [Featured in Schemer Alone and Mr. Conductor's Evil Twin]
- Perez Pronto Bus Company [Featured in Becky Makes a Wish]
- Indian Valley Railroad [Featured in Billy's Party]