|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the VHS.|
Stacy Cleans Up is the fourth episode in the third season.
It is garbage day at Shining Time Station and there is a lot of garbage to be thrown out, but there is one problem: the garbage dump is closed. After this is discovered, an engineer named Rusty McRail arrives at the station with a train full of garbage and asks where the nearest dump is. When Stacy tells him that the dump is closed, Rusty is disappointed and tells everyone that he has been searching everywhere for an open garbage dump but they are all closed. Everyone feels sorry for him, but now the station smells awful from the garbage and flies are buzzing around and no one knows what to do about it.
A little later, however, Becky sees something in the newspaper about a recycling center and asks Rusty if they could turn all of the garbage at the station and on his train into new things. Rusty agrees to this and soon everyone is sorting the garbage out and everything smells good again. Rusty then gets a call from a recycling center and they tell him he can drop the trash there. Feeling happy that his garbage train is now a recycling train, Rusty happily says good bye to everyone and leaves.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Alan Semok as Tex
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace the Bass
- Kenny Miele as Grace the Bass
James gets stung in the nose by a bee, which turns swollen red.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Five Hundred Miles
Cartoons and Songs
- If Everyone Did a Little
- Molly Moo-Cow and the Butterflies (1935)
- Happy Harmonies - To Spring (1936)
- Fleischer Studios - Christmas Comes But Once a Year (1936)
- Fleischer Studios - The Fresh Vegetable Mystery (1939)
- Noveltoons - Cheese Burglar (1946)
- Noveltoons - The Wee Men (1947)
- Noveltoons - Naughty But Mice (1947)
- Noveltoons - Santa's Surprise (1947)
- In the Fox Family Channel version, some scenes were mixed around or edited out:
- Music is added when Schemer, Becky, and Kara unwrap a few Lollapaloozapops.
- The scene where Tex and Rex make a birthday present out of a garbage can for Tito was edited out.
- The scene where Dan meets Mr. Typo was edited out.
- The song "If Everyone Did a Little" was edited out.
- After the commercial break, the scene where everybody was wearing clothespins and Becky shares her recycling idea from the school newspaper was cut out.
- The scene where the Jukebox Band were preparing the song covered in gas masks, clothespins, and handkerchiefs was cut out.
- This is the first episode to have Stacy's name in the title.
- James Goes Buzz Buzz was given the UK title as "Buzz, Buzz" in the credits.