Stop the Press is the fourteenth episode of the second season.
The kids write a newspaper, but by mistake, they make up different stories. They learn that news stories are meant to be real ones.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Tex
- Peter Baird as Grace
- Kenny Miele as Grace
- Alan Semok as Rex
It is unknown who played the Mime.
- Schemer's Mother (mentioned)
- Ginny Johnson (mentioned)
- Gracie Jones (mentioned)
- Thomas (mentioned)
- Henry (mentioned)
- Percy (mentioned)
Fed up with Percy's cheekiness and constant jokes, Gordon and James trick him into thinking that there are backing signals that tell him to go back.
Henry is too ill to pull his passenger train, and while Thomas offers, he makes a big mistake by leaving without his coaches.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Tennessee Central No. 9
- Both Thomas stories involve an engine making a mistake.
- Mr. Conductor tells both stories to Dan, Becky and Kara in this episode.
- The Thomas stories are listed in reverse order in the end credits.
- In the Fox Family version, the story "A Big Day for Thomas" was cut out.
- A Big Day for Thomas was mistakenly dated 1986 in the end credits when the episode was made in 1984.