|This article is about the episode. You may be looking for the VHS.|
Sweet and Sour is the fifth episode of the second season.
The kids are selling lemonade and cookies. However, Schemer and Schemee encourage them to raise the prices and sell low-quality products. When Midge Smoot buys some cookies and finds out how awful they taste, she gets upset with Schemer.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Tom Jackson as Billy Twofeathers
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Ari Magder as Dan Jones
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace Bass
- Kenny Miele as Grace Bass
- Alan Semok as Tex
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Erie Canal
- This is the first appearance of Schemee. It is also revealed that Schemee does not live in Shining Time, but is merely visiting his Uncle Schemer, so it is unknown where he really lives.
- Gina Wilkinson guest starred as a customer.
- This was the only Season 2 episode to be released on video being a part of the TV Teddy line.
- This is the second time that a reference is made to the Friends of the Flowering Cactus Ladies Auxiliary, the first being in the season 1 episode Too Many Cooks.
- Jonathan Shapiro joins the cast.
- Mr. Conductor tells Donald & Douglas to Dan, Becky and Kara in this episode.
- Mr. Conductor tells The Deputation to Stacy, Dan, Becky and Kara in this episode.
- Mr. Conductor says that he's running in a marathon against a tortoise. This is a reference to Aesop's fable, The Tortoise and the Hare.
- The Thomas stories are listed in reverse order in the end credits.