Schemer helps Mayor Flopdinger improve his image for the election against Richard Richhouse.
Cast and Characters
- George Carlin as Mr. Conductor
- Didi Conn as Stacy Jones
- Erica Luttrell as Kara Cupper
- Danielle Marcot as Becky
- Brian O'Connor as Schemer
The Flexitoon Puppeteers
- Jonathan Freeman as Tito Swing
- Olga Felgemacher-Marin as DiDi
- Craig Marin as Rex
- Peter Baird as Grace Bass
- Kenny Miele as Grace Bass
- Alan Semok as Tex
- Jerome Dempsey as Mayor Flopdinger
- Richard Dixon as Richard Richhouse
- David Hewlett as Mr. Typo
- Bobo Lewis as Midge Smoot
- Gerry Mendicino as Passenger
- James (mentioned)
James is still learning his way around the railroad. However, he is acting up a bit when he blows steam at Sir Topham's top hat. After double heading a passenger train with Edward, Sir Topham Hatt warns James to behave or he will be painted blue. James does not take it to mind, and is so rough with his coaches that he makes a hole in a brake pipe. The only solution to the problem was with a newspaper and a passenger's bootlace, and James carries on, knowing he will be in a lot of trouble.
James is left in the shed for causing so much trouble with the coaches and the bootlace, but after apologizing to Sir Topham Hatt for his bad behavior, he is allowed out to pull freight cars. They try to make things difficult for him, including breaking away on Gordon's hill, but James carries on, and Sir Topham Hatt praises him for his efforts.
Jukebox Band Segment Song
- Hurray For The Railway
- Billy Twofeathers and Dan Jones do not appear in this episode.
- Richard Richhouse resembles the 37th president of the United States Richard Nixon.
- The Thomas stories are listed in reverse order in the end credits.
- This episode was pulled from the airwaves nationwide after an incident where WETA and WNET broadcast the episode on the day of Richard Nixon's funeral, allegedly as a tribute to the deceased president.
- In the Nick Jr. version, the Thomas story Foolish Freight Cars is cut out.
- When Mr. Conductor is introducing James Learns a Lesson, he states that James was going too fast with the freight cars, but James was pulling a passenger train, not a freight train.
- Midge Smoot (after Richhouse's speech): Well, he must know what he's talking about, I don't understand a word he's saying!
- Mr. Conductor (struggling with the balloon): This is what you get when you lose control of your own hot air, you get all puffed up just like some of those politicians around here!